As a regulated business, knowing where your T&C red flags are is important. But for many businesses, the process of identification is as similarly hit-and-miss as the Minesweeper game, combining an element of skill, with a fair amount of guesswork...
Learning and Development
Increasing productivity: Be smarter than your smart phone
Tom Wood, provides some handy tips on how to maximise productivity and maintain a healthy work / life balance.
More courses added to My Development zone
- Aggression - Recognising the signs of aggression
- Aggression - Dealing with aggressive customers
- Basic Business Finance - Revenue, Costs, Profit and Loss
- Basic Business Finance - Trading Accounts and Balance Sheets
- Choosing a Business Location
- Conflict Resolution - An Introduction
- Conflict Resolution - The IBR approach
- Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls
- Dealing with the Media
- Dealing with Verbal Abuse on the Telephone
- Efficiency and Productivity
- Globalisation - An Introduction
- Grice's Co-operative Principle of Conversation
- Inclusive Language - Disability
- Interview Basics - Building Rapport
- Managing Negative Emotions in the Workplace
- Planning a Presentation
- Stock Control
Does Your Business Benefit From Staff Training?
19 New Courses Added to Development Zone
19 new courses have been added to the Development Zone:
- Accuracy - The Importance Of...
- Dealing with Rejection in the Workplace
- Employment Rights - A Basic Introduction
- Inclusive Language - Introduction
- Language and Power Relationships
- Motivation in the Workplace
- Negotiation - Introduction
- Occupational Language
- PEST Analysis
- Production Methods - An Introduction
- Retaining Good Employees
- Sexism in Language
- Staff Organisational Structures
- Staff Recruitment - A Basic Introduction
- STAR Interview Technique
- Strategic Planning - Introduction
- Workplace Communication - Introduction
- Writing an Advertisement
- Writing Instructional Text
17 New Courses Added To The Development Zone
Training: Basic English Grammar - Conjunctions, Prepositions, Determiners, Basic English Grammar - Pronouns, Basic Graphology, Conversation - Introduction to Spoken English, Conversation - Politeness, Conversation Structure, Gender and Conversation, Health & Safety - Risk and the Workplace, Semantics - Denotation & Connotation, Semantics - Similes and Metaphors, Spoken English - Accents and Dialects, SWOT Analysis, Thinking about starting a business, English - What is Face?, English - Writing A Formal Letter, Working with Display Screen Equipment - An Employer's Guideystem.
15 New Courses Added To My Development Zone
New Courses: Achieving a Work-Life Balance, Basic English Grammar - Adjectives, Basic English Grammar - Nouns, Basic English Grammar - Verbs, Communication in Challenging Circumstances, Handling Criticism, Management Standards - Dealing with work-related stress, Managing Personal Finances, Mental Health and Well-being at Work, New and Expectant Mothers, Social Media 1 - Introduction to Social Media, Social Media 2 - Considerations for Employees, Social Media 3 - Considerations for Employers, Social Media 4 - Setting a Social Media Policy, Stress.
Training, that’s a doddle, just give them a text book...
I have no issue with any individual who wishes to better themselves and take a path of formal study, but it should be relevant to their day to day activities and provide a direct benefit to them and you as the employer (after all, you may well be paying for it), rather than ticking any sort of box.
My Development Zone Features in Chamber Chat
"RWA pioneers new innovative workplace e-learning solution." My Development Zone has been featured in an article in the March 2017 edition of Chamber Chat from the South Wales Chamber of Commerce.