The course catalogue just keeps on growing on My Development Zone - 25 new online courses are now available!
Learning and Development
T&C Red Flags – Are you a Minesweeper?
As a regulated business, knowing where your T&C red flags are is important. But for many businesses, the process of identification is as similarly hit-and-miss as the Minesweeper game, combining an element of skill, with a fair amount of guesswork...
Increasing productivity: Be smarter than your smart phone
Tom Wood, provides some handy tips on how to maximise productivity and maintain a healthy work / life balance.
More courses added to My Development zone
- Aggression - Recognising the signs of aggression
- Aggression - Dealing with aggressive customers
- Basic Business Finance - Revenue, Costs, Profit and Loss
- Basic Business Finance - Trading Accounts and Balance Sheets
- Choosing a Business Location
- Conflict Resolution - An Introduction
- Conflict Resolution - The IBR approach
- Dealing with Difficult Telephone Calls
- Dealing with the Media
- Dealing with Verbal Abuse on the Telephone
- Efficiency and Productivity
- Globalisation - An Introduction
- Grice's Co-operative Principle of Conversation
- Inclusive Language - Disability
- Interview Basics - Building Rapport
- Managing Negative Emotions in the Workplace
- Planning a Presentation
- Stock Control
Does Your Business Benefit From Staff Training?
19 New Courses Added to Development Zone
19 new courses have been added to the Development Zone:
- Accuracy - The Importance Of...
- Dealing with Rejection in the Workplace
- Employment Rights - A Basic Introduction
- Inclusive Language - Introduction
- Language and Power Relationships
- Motivation in the Workplace
- Negotiation - Introduction
- Occupational Language
- PEST Analysis
- Production Methods - An Introduction
- Retaining Good Employees
- Sexism in Language
- Staff Organisational Structures
- Staff Recruitment - A Basic Introduction
- STAR Interview Technique
- Strategic Planning - Introduction
- Workplace Communication - Introduction
- Writing an Advertisement
- Writing Instructional Text
17 New Courses Added To The Development Zone
Training: Basic English Grammar - Conjunctions, Prepositions, Determiners, Basic English Grammar - Pronouns, Basic Graphology, Conversation - Introduction to Spoken English, Conversation - Politeness, Conversation Structure, Gender and Conversation, Health & Safety - Risk and the Workplace, Semantics - Denotation & Connotation, Semantics - Similes and Metaphors, Spoken English - Accents and Dialects, SWOT Analysis, Thinking about starting a business, English - What is Face?, English - Writing A Formal Letter, Working with Display Screen Equipment - An Employer's Guideystem.
15 New Courses Added To My Development Zone
New Courses: Achieving a Work-Life Balance, Basic English Grammar - Adjectives, Basic English Grammar - Nouns, Basic English Grammar - Verbs, Communication in Challenging Circumstances, Handling Criticism, Management Standards - Dealing with work-related stress, Managing Personal Finances, Mental Health and Well-being at Work, New and Expectant Mothers, Social Media 1 - Introduction to Social Media, Social Media 2 - Considerations for Employees, Social Media 3 - Considerations for Employers, Social Media 4 - Setting a Social Media Policy, Stress.
Training, that’s a doddle, just give them a text book...
I have no issue with any individual who wishes to better themselves and take a path of formal study, but it should be relevant to their day to day activities and provide a direct benefit to them and you as the employer (after all, you may well be paying for it), rather than ticking any sort of box.